How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Working with Gunter Nissan of Martinsville to buy your next car or to keep your car in tip-top shape is easy and straightforward. Selling your car to us is also a smooth journey! Whether you are planning to get a different vehicle or you just want some extra cash in your pocket, you will want to know how to sell a car at a dealership. Let our finance team break it down for you below!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
A dealership in the Martinsville can buy your car after you complete these steps:
- Clean Up Your Car: The easiest way to boost the value of your car is by giving it a good clean! From the cabin to the outside, make sure it looks presentable.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Another way is to prove that you have been taking care of your car properly or show that your car’s an easy model to sell. To do that, you can show up with a detailed history of the maintenance record of your vehicle, a list of its additional features, and a list of its accessories like extra key fobs or bike mounts.
- Have Your Car’s Title: Have your vehicle’s title handy, so you can complete the process quickly.
- Find Out Your Car’s Value: Take advantage of tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or even your local dealership to find the estimated trade-in value of your car. With this amount, you will know which offer is fair in the Danville area.
- Select Your Dealership Wisely: Take a moment to consider which dealerships would find your car more appealing. If you have a newer, gently used vehicle, then most if not all dealerships will want it. However, if you have an older model, you might want to sell it to a used car dealership.
What Else to Expect?
Once you have done your homework, what is next on how to sell a car at a dealership? Well, you can expect the following:
- Make an Appointment: Don’t just show up when you want. Make an appointment so the dealership is expecting you and can give you and your car proper attention.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships will have a used car manager, or a salesperson, to handle the sale. They’ll take your information and then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: Either the used car manager or the service center will inspect your car before finalizing their offer.
- Consider the Offer: Finally, you can accept the offer if it is fair. If it is not, feel free to shop around Roanoke and see if you can get higher offers.
What are the Benefits of Selling Your Car to a Dealership?
Now that you know how selling your car to a dealership works, you might be wondering why you should sell to a dealership instead of another driver directly. Here are some reasons:
- Save Time & Avoid Headaches: Selling your car privately takes a lot of time and effort. When you sell to a dealer, you won’t have to haggle with potential buyers or run into other issues, such as getting scammed.
- Lower Your Next Car’s Price: You can trade in your car to contribute to paying for your next one. Whether you buy your next vehicle from the same dealer or not, you can lower your next car’s price.
- Save on Your Taxes: If you do trade in your current vehicle and purchase another vehicle from Gunter Nissan of Martinsville, you will only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car!
Gunter Nissan of Martinsville Wants to Buy Your Car!
Let us take your car off of your hands today! Get started by preparing the sale and contacting us for an appraisal in our Ridgeway location. We look forward to meeting you and your car soon!
More from Gunter Nissan of Martinsville
If you’re like most Ridgeway pickup drivers, you need a truck that will work as hard as you do without leaving you broke at the pump. What about the Nissan Titan gas mileage? The 2023 Nissan Titan mpg estimates reach 21 miles per gallon on the highway. Actual Nissan Titan gas mileage will vary by…
Fueled by the 5.6L DOHC 32-valve V8 engine, the 2023 Nissan TITAN XD delivers up to 400 hp and 413 lb-ft of torque effortlessly. With specs like these, it’s no surprise the 2023 Nissan TITAN XD towing capacity won’t disappoint you either. When properly equipped with the gooseneck hitch, this powerhouse can tow up to…
The 2023 Nissan Titan churns out 400 hp and up to 413 lb-ft of torque, making it more than capable to take on your jobs in the Martinsville area. But what about its towing power? Depending on which configuration you go for, the towing capacity will vary, but it maxes out at 9,323 pounds! This…