How Can You Save Fuel While Driving on Hills?
Is there a way you can make your Ridgeway commute in your new car while making fewer trips to the gas station? How can you save fuel while driving on hills? What are some fuel-efficient driving habits you can start today? You have questions. We have answers.
How to Save Fuel While Driving on Hills
It’s common knowledge that driving up and down hills can take more gas than driving on flat terrain. But there are ways to mitigate that. How can you save fuel while driving on hills in the Martinsville area? It’s simple. Instead of mashing on the gas pedal when going up a hill, drive up slowly. Take your foot off the pedal completely when driving down a steep hill. Remember: slow going up, coast going down.
6 Fuel-Efficient Driving Habits
What other things can you do to save gas? Develop these fuel-efficient driving habits:
- Leave before rush hour. Some Danville drivers could avoid the stop-and-go traffic of rush hour completely by leaving just fifteen minutes earlier.
- Slow down. Constantly speeding up or exceeding 65 miles per hour can burn up a lot of gas. It’s best to drive a consistent speed that does not exceed the speed limit for the most fuel efficiency.
- Stop trying to break that 0-60 record. Accelerate to the speed limit gradually instead of “peeling out”. This uses the least amount of gas.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated. Proper inflation can actually make a difference to your gas mileage and you won’t have to replace your tires as often.
- Put your air conditioning on recirculate. Using your air conditioning on its maximum setting can burn a lot of gas. When you do need the AC, set to recirculate.
- Give yourself enough time to roll to a stop gradually. Slamming on the breaks right before you need to stop uses more fuel than is necessary.
Check Out the Fuel-Efficient Cars at Gunter Nissan of Martinsville
We make it easy for you to get behind the wheel of your next vehicle. You can even apply for financing online. We’re just a short drive away from Roanoke. So drop by or contact us today!